Saturday, September 02, 2006

Home


Well, this is where I live now.

Somehow, it isn't the little gritstone house in Yorkshire with a back garden sloping steeply up to a dry-stone wall...but it's not bad. Compared with the houses I looked at, it is really spacious and light.

I even have a conservatory! OK, it's a bay window... soon to be filled with heritage chillis along with my cactus collection. The flat is something of an advertisement for Ikea, for which I am almost as guilty as the landlord.

The other end of the living room...more plants...more books...

My slightly idiosyncratic computer console, you can imagine me sitting here right now. And a rather unused art table. This place is too 'nice' to be throwing paint around, so I planned to just use watercolours, not acrylics, and got a nice little table. But I never really got started, and now I've got used to doing a lot more photography and computer stuff. I expect the art will re-emerge at some point though.

The kitchen mid baking session. Looks like scones to me.

And the basement. Well, garage. Even the bikes have their own place now, even if they do have to share it with lots of camping gear, art equipment, a compost bin and lots of gardening stuff biding its time...

1 Comments:

At 4:46 PM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do like your blog, it is always interesting. I like the through keyhole shctick good stuff i'll post some stuff soon. have e-mailed me your new snail mail address? I'll put some stuff on my site from edinburgh soon.
Chris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home