Thursday, June 14, 2007

Music to defrag discs to

Fopp, I think, will be my new favourite shop. Not sure yet if there is one in Cov, but spent a very happy hour or so in the branch in Bath the other day. The opportunity to listen to my booty came last night when I decided to defrag the hard disc on the old 'puter. This meant that I couldn't do any maths homework (yippee!) so I lounged about on the sofa listening to 'Chavez Ravine' - Ry Cooder, 'Before the Flood' - Bob Dylan/The Band, and 'The Man in Black' - Johnny Cash. Wonderful! I think I may have to wait to listen to 'PUNK F**k Art Let's Danse' (various artists) till I am sure that my neighbours are out...

The defrag took nearly 12 hours and has resulted in some improvement to computer speed - I'm sure you are all interested to know... By the way, does anyone know any tips on unit conversions?

5 Comments:

At 12:50 AM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Units? What units? Inches to millilitres? Shillings to dollars? I can point you to websites that do standard imperial/metric conversions, like this.

 
At 10:20 PM GMT+1, Blogger It's The Gardening Lady said...

Actually stuff like 'convert 10 micrograms per litre to a value in grams per metre'. I get it...then 10 seconds later I don't. At the moment I prefer algebra - but I haven't got to quadratic equations yet!

 
At 10:40 PM GMT+1, Blogger BLTP said...

Maybe you should have bought the Magic numbers cd ! tee hee we love flop some of the records are so cheap it's immoral to leave them there. The choice is a bit shallow ie they don't always have every lp by every artist.

 
At 10:23 PM GMT+1, Blogger Clair said...

Shame that Fopp shut its shops last week in what's bound to be the first of a lot of company closures, as lots of creditors pull the plug...

 
At 1:43 AM GMT+1, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home